About the eTekkatho library
With millions of resources openly available on the Internet, it can be difficult to find useful material. We have reviewed and evaluated hundreds of resources to help you find key resources in your subject.
The eTekkatho library currently contains open digital educational resources which cover subjects to support the national curriculum and university curricula in all our partner universities.
The focus of the library is on open educational resources, but, some have been included with specific permission from the publishers.
The eTekkatho libraries contain educational resources that have been adapted to work without the need for an internet connnection. These include:
- Khan Academy - brilliant video lessons, many with Myanmar subtitles
- British Council English Langauge Materials - resources to help you learn English langauge
- MIT OpenCourseWare from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT ) - course materials for over 2,000 courses from one of the top universities in the world courtesy of the MITOCW Mirror Site Program
- Storybooks, school books and learning resources in Burmese and other Myanmar langauges from Third Story Project and Yin Thway Foundation
- Life and learning skills resourcs for young adults and teacher training materials from Mote Oo Education
- Wikipedia in English and Myanmar languages
- Yaung Zin - child-cetred teacher training materials specially developed for primary school teaching in Myanmar
- Hesperian Health guides - practical, illustrated guides on village healthcare
- Well organised and illustrated information on a wide range of agricultural, environmental and health topics from Practical Action and Infonet-Biovision
- MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia - more than 4000 medical articles from the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health
- PhET Interactive Simulations - fantastic interactive resources for science and maths from the University of Colorado
- College and university textbooks from OpenStax
- CK-12 Textbooks - high quality textbooks on STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) from ck12.org
- Fuse School Videos - high school science videos, fun for teachers and students
- University of Manchester massive open online course materials (MOOCs) self-contained course modules complete with video lectures and quizzes.
- Virtual learning environments from Kolibri and Moodle that help you study offline
- And much more!
We are always on the lookout for new library content so if you would like to suggest an open educational resource or group of resources for us to consider for future editions of the library, please use the help page .
In addition to the online version of the document library, these local installations also include the eTekkatho Special Collections, off-line versions of Wikipedia in English and Myanmar, Fuse School videos, Khan Academy training videos, complete virtual courses from the University of Manchester, Yaung Zin teacher training materials and a mirror site of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) OpenCourseWare, which contains teaching and learning materials for around 2,000 undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
You can also access eTekkatho at high speed from the pre-college program room at Phaung Daw Oo and the public library at Brahmaso Humanitarian Aid Organization in Mandalay. We plan to add more partner universities and community libraries to the eTekkatho network in late 2015.